Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I contact you and what are your call centre hours?
You can either email us at [email protected] during these hours:
Monday - 08:00 to 18:00
Tuesday - 09:00 to 18:00
Wednesday to Friday - 08:00 to 18:00
Saturday and Sunday - 09:00 to 18:00
Public holidays - 09:00 to 15:00
- What are the delivery fees?
We charge a standard fee of R45.00 on orders with a total of less than R350.00. An order that is more than R350.00 (after promotional vouchers have been deducted) is delivered free of charge (does not incur any delivery charges).
- Where do you deliver?
We deliver to all physical addresses within South Africa. We do not deliver to post boxes or internationally.
- How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Depending on where your order is going, deliveries will take between 2 – 5 working days. To keep you in the loop, we’ll send you an email when your order has been dispatched.
- Can I send an item to someone as a gift?
Yes, you just need to supply us with their name, physical address and contact number in the checkout process.
Gift orders are wrapped free of charge and are accompanied with a free greeting card with your message.
- What happens if I am out when you deliver?
Our courier will attempt delivery again and thereafter make contact with you to arrange an alternative delivery time.
- What are your delivery times?
9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays
- What if my order arrives damaged?
If you realize that the package is damaged before accepting the delivery, please do not accept the delivery and immediately inform us. If you have accepted the delivery, and then realize that the package is damaged, please contact us immediately on [email protected]
- Can I change my delivery /shipping address, how do I change it?
You can change your delivery/shipping address only if your order has not already been dispatched. Please contact our customer care on [email protected]
- Can you hold my order for a few days?
Please contact us at customer care to advise us about such exceptions, we shall try our best to accommodate your instructions.
- How do I track my order?
You can track exactly where the delivery is by contacting our customer care on [email protected] with your order reference number.
- Can I have my order delivered at a Red Square store, so that I can pick it up from there?
We currently do not offer an in store pick-up facility
- Is there any difference between merchandise range sold at RedSquare.co.za and Red Square physical stores?
While Red square .co.za offers most of the merchandise range sold in Red Square stores, the merchandise range may differ between the online store and a Red Square store.
- How many samples per purchase do you offer?
With every order at RedSquare.co.za you have the opportunity to select three free samples. Samples are limited and change frequently. Substitutions may be made for out of stock samples.
- Who do I contact regarding a transactional/product specific enquiries?
Contact us on [email protected] for transactional enquiries.
Please view our store locator for your nearest store regarding product specific enquiries
- What payment options do you offer?
We accept major credit and cheque cards, ie Visa & Mastercard. You may also purchase on your Edcon account card (Thank U card), ie Edgars, Jet, and Legit.
- What is the procedure to follow when using my Edcon account card to make a purchase on the website?
You will be requested to link your Thank U card o your online profile. You will be requested to enter your Thank U card number, your mobile number and your network provider. If the mobile number matches the mobile number that is currently linked to your account number, then you will be smsed a One-Time pin (OTP) to verify your cellphone number. You will be successfully registered when you enter the OTP on the website.
If the mobile number does not match the mobile number that is currently linked to your account number, you will then be requested to enter your Edcon account number (the number that appears on your monthly statement) and your ID number. Your card will then be linked to your online profile and you will be able to purchase online.
- Do you accept debit cards?
No, we do not accept debit cards.
- Do you accept bank transfers (EFT’s)?
No, we do not currently accept bank transfers.
- Are my payment details safe?
We use a secure payment gateway (you can see the URL which changes to https: and a padlock is visible on the bottom right of the screen). We do not retain credit card numbers.
First time users of Edcon account cards (Thank U card) go through a verification process so that we know that it is you using your card.
- Can I buy a Red Square gift voucher online?
Yes you can currently buy gift cards in the online store in denominations of R250; R500; R750 and R1000. The gift cards will be delivered to your recipient, or yourself, in a complementary gift box. At present these gift cards can only be used to purchase in store and not online.
- I’ve got a voucher code, how do I redeem it?
When you have logged in, finished choosing your products, and clicked on "Proceed to checkout", the order summary page will give you an option to enter discount voucher. Type in the code, press submit and the discount will be automatically calculated. Please check the terms and conditions on thediscount voucher if it does not work.
- How do I earn Thank U Points?
If you’re paying with a store card or a Thank U account card, you’ll automatically earn points on all your purchases on the site. If you’re paying by credit card and have a ThankU card, you’ll need to enter this card number on the payment details page in order to earn your points.
At the moment, you can only earn points on the site; you won’t be able to spend them online.
If you don’t see your points reflected immediately, don’t worry. Remember that your points will take up to a week to reflect.
Cancellations / Returns / Refunds FAQs
- Can I change shipping address of the order?
You can change the shipping address before your order is dispatched by contacting us on r[email protected]
- Can I cancel my order or an item?
Yes, you can cancel the order before it is shipped, to check the status of whether your order has been shipped or not, contact our customer care on [email protected]. However, changes to the items ordered are not possible – All exchanges are handled in Red Square stores.
- In case I change my mind about the product that I purchased, can I have it exchanged?
Yes, you can exchange unused items in one of our stores.
Some products are excluded from this.
Please make sure that the product remains in its original packaging.
- What do I do if I receive an incorrect or damaged item?
You can contact our contact centre on [email protected] and notify us of the incorrect delivery or damaged product and we will arrange for the collection of the incorrect item and the delivery of the correct one.
- Do I need to pay shipping charges for items returned to you by couriers?
No, we offer free shipping on returns for incorrect or damaged deliveries only.[If a customer returns a product because they changed their minds, then the product cost will be returned to them, but not the cost of the courier]
- Can I return my product to your store and what is your refund and replacement policy?
Yes, most items are returnable in our stores, to check which items cannot be returned in our stores please call our customer care line on [email protected].For further details please refer to our Returns Policy.
- How will I receive my money for the products which I have returned or cancelled?
For payments made via credit card, refunds will be processed to the same card and for purchases made with store card; your account will be credited.
- Is there any charge for registration?
No, registration on RedSquare.co.za is absolutely free.
- What if I have forgotten my password?
Just click on the “forgot password” link on the login page.
- How do I change my password?
Click on ‘my account’ on the home page, then click on ‘change password’ under the my information section.
- Can I edit my personal details?
This can be done in the “My Account” section.
- What if I have forgotten my username?
Your username is your email address but if you have forgotten it, you can contact our customer service department on [email protected] for assistance
- How can I change my email address? Can I change the email address I used for registration?
You cannot modify your e-mail address, since your email address is your user Id.
- Is email address mandatory when registering?
Yes. Your email is your username/login ID, and is therefore required when you create an account on RedSquare.co.za.
- How do I manage the emails I receive? Or how do I unsubscribe from your mailing list?
a) Based on the choices you have made during interactions with us, we would communicate with you periodically for event based communications such as order information, invites, reminders, special offers etc.
b) If you no longer want to receive emails from us, you can select your preferences online in "Register section”. However, you would continue to receive transaction based e-mails such as order confirmation mail etc.