Thank U Rewards
- What is Thank U?
- How do I get my card?
- How do I earn points?
- How do I spend points?
- Frequently asked questions
- Terms and Conditions
What is Thank U?
The Thank U Rewards programme is an exclusive offering for Edcon customers. Every time you swipe your card, in-store or online, you earn fantastic Thank U Points. You can spend your points on great products from your favourite stores.
How do I get my card?
If you do not currently hold an Edgars or Jet Store Account Card, Cash Card or rewards card and would like to become a member of Edcon’s Thank U Rewards programme, you will need to complete the necessary application form in one of the participating stores and submit this - including your valid Identity number or passport number, telephone or cellphone contact number and postal address.
How do I earn points?
Whenever you shop, you earn Thank U Points. You get 10 points for every R1.00* spent. These are base points. This isn’t the only way to earn Thank U Points – there are also bonus points.
During our 10x** promotions you earn ten times the number of points you normally would. So when you spend R100 you normally earn 1 000 points. However, during a 10x promotion you will earn ten times this amount – which gives you 10 000 points. Now that’s a really big bonus!
You can also earn bonus points every month for belonging to the Edgars Club and choose e-statements rather than paper statements and earn bonus points.
How do I spend points?
When you have earned 10 000 Thank U Points, you can start spending them. Basically, 10 000 Thank U Points = R10.00* off your next purchase so you can treat yourself to something special.
During our Pumped Up Points promotions, we’ll double the value of your Thank U Points for FREE. For example, 20 000 Thank U Points would normally be worth R20.00*, however during this promotion we’ll double your points to 40 000 points – which gives you R40.00*.
Our promotions are valid for a limited time only. At the end of the promotion the points that you did not spend will be halved.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How many Thank U Points do I need before I can start spending them?
A: You only need 10 000 Thank U Points before you can start spending them the next time you shop. Remember, your Thank U Points will take three days from the date of purchase to reflect on your points balance.
Q: How do I spend my Thank U Points?
A: It’s really simple! Just give your Edgars Thank U Card to the cashier at point of payment and tell them you would like to spend your Thank U Points.
Q: Why is it important to update my personal details?
A: So that you can enjoy special offers and rewards from the Thank U Programme. If we don’t have your current information we won’t be able to communicate with you.
Q: Where can I earn and spend my Thank U Points?
A: At all participating Edcon stores.
Q: How do I enjoy bigger rewards?
A: Watch out for our amazing promotions that run for a limited time only. Like our 10x promotions where you can earn ten times your points, or our 2x promotions, where you can earn double points on selected items. There’s also our Pumped Up Points promotions, in which the Thank U Points you’ve already earned will be worth double. Last but not least you can earn extra Thank U Points by simply choosing to receive e-statements and belonging to the Edgars Club.
Q: Where can I find my Thank U Points balance?
A: On the bottom of your till slip every time you purchase, on your account statement, or by creating and updating your profile at www.edgars.co.za. You can also call our Customer Care Line on 0860 112 442.
*Equivalent currency applies
**Spend thresholds and terms and conditions apply.
Terms and Conditions
- Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Card is operated and issued by Edcon Limited (“Edcon”) or its subsidiaries in the respective, relevant countries (Lesotho: Edgars Stores Lesotho (Proprietary) Ltd, Namibia: Edgars Stores (Namibia) Limited, Swaziland: Edgars Stores Swaziland Limited). The Thank U Rewards Card, even though issued to you, remains the property of Edcon at all times.
- Participating stores in Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme are: Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, Legit, Temptations, CNA and Shoe Gallery. Loyalty points can be earned and redeemed in any of these participating stores. Airport CNA franchise stores are excluded from the programme. Stores can be added or removed at Edcon’s discretion.
- The Thank U Rewards Programme is valid for participating stores in South Africa, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho. (Stores in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique are excluded at this time.)
- The Thank U Rewards Programme is not open to any permanent or casual employee or family member in possession of an Edcon staff card.
- For all existing Edcon Store Account and Cash Card customers who become members of the Edcon Thank U Rewards Programme, Edcon will own and have the right to market to you, communicate with you and share your personal information with its business partners for the purposes of marketing goods and services, unless you have chosen to opt out at any time.
- If you do not currently hold an Edgars or Jet Store Account Card or Cash Card and would like to become a member of Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Programme, you will need to complete the necessary application form and submit this - including your valid identity number or passport number, telephone or cellphone contact number and postal address - to any participating store.
- It is incumbent upon members to ensure that their personal and contact details are correct at all times in order to receive Thank U offers and promotions. If you change your contact details and do not inform Edcon, the company cannot be held responsible if you do not receive your personalised offers. You must inform us of any change of contact details by calling the Customer Services Care Line for Edgars on 0860 112 442 or Jet on 0860 113 639 or visiting a Customer Service Desk or Service Centre in-store.
- Edcon will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged cards. If you lose your card, this must be reported at any Edcon store at the Customer Services Counter or the Service Centre where the lost or damaged card will be replaced free of charge. Customers may also call the Call Centre to report a lost card: Edgars on 0860 112 442 and Jet on 0860 113 639.
- Edcon reserves the right to terminate the programme at any time, subject to a 30 day notice period.
- Should Edcon terminate the programme for any reason whatsoever, cardholders will be duly notified and have the opportunity to spend their points within 6 months of date of termination of the programme.
- Edcon reserves the right to make changes to the loyalty programme and to amend the programme’s Terms and Conditions as they see fit.
- Your Edcon Thank U Rewards Card cannot be used as a credit, store account or gift card.
- Your Thank U Points may not be used for account payments (which includes, but is not limited to, Club and/or Insurance fee payments), nor be exchanged for cash or credit; and no change will be given on points redeemed and used as a trade discount against the purchase of goods.
- Points earned on one Thank U Rewards Card may not be transferred to another Thank U Rewards Card at this time.
- Thank U Rewards Cards and Thank U Points may not be sold or transferred to another party.
- Abuse of the programme entitles Edcon to cancel your membership and you will forfeit any rewards points earned. Edcon reserves the right to lay criminal charges for illegal or fraudulent use of the card or programme.
- Participating stores in the Edcon Group may use your purchasing information in conjunction with information about you provided by third parties, for market and product analysis in order to generate statistical reports for internal and external use. These reports are aggregated and will not contain any personal information that identifies you.
- Edcon may use your personal information to conduct a credit bureau check for the potential purpose of offering you an Edcon Store Account Card if you do not already have one.
- Customers may only earn and spend points in the territory in which the Thank U Card was issued. However, customers are permitted to obtain more than one Thank U Card (ie: one in each territory).
- Edcon’s Thank U Rewards Card may only be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions may be updated from time to time. Please visit our website at www.thanku.co.za for the latest update.
Earning Loyalty Points
- Points will be earned for purchases of all inclusive products.
- To earn points at any Edgars, Edgars Active, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, Legit, Temptations, CNA, Topshop, Topman or Shoe Gallery store, you must hand your Thank U Rewards Card to the cashier at the till point before you pay for your purchases.
- If a Thank U Rewards Card is not presented at the time of purchase, no points will be earned for that purchase. Points lost or forfeited due to ‘card not present’ cannot be claimed retrospectively.
- Certain products and channels are exempt from earning points and Edcon may amend these products or channels from time to time at their discretion.
a. You will not earn points on gift card purchases, gift card top-ups, airtime, insurance products, payments of 3rd party services - including but not limited to - utility bills and purchase of lottery tickets (unless otherwise stipulated).
b. Purchases of Edcon 3rd party partner products are excluded from points earning. This includes, but is not restricted to, Planet Fitness contracts, Mango airline tickets, Regis and Gary Rom Hair Salons, Jewellery repairs, alterations.
c. Points can be earned in respect of some of our in-store concession brands, but not in respect of all. To avoid disappointment, please enquire with our sales staff.
- Base Thank U Points are earned on all inclusive products at a rate of 10 (ten) points per net SA Rand* spent. This applies for all tender types (cash, account, debit card, credit card, Gift card, cheque, charge card - Amex and Diners). (*NOTE: Or Namibian dollar/ Emalangeni /Loti).
- During any double points and other events, both in store and online, existing points promotions will not be multiplied and bonus points will be applied only to the base points earned on the product.
- Bonus points may be earned or awarded at Edcon’s discretion and campaign criteria and spend thresholds must be satisfied.
- Points earned with Edgars Club or Jet Club partners may, in addition to these Terms & Conditions be subject to the Terms & Conditions of the Club partner concerned.
- Customers may also be eligible to earn Thank U Points by signing up for a Vodacom contract within an Edcon store. Thank U Points will only be earned on such contract by making local calls (within the borders of South Africa), and excludes international or roaming calls or any premium rated or value added service calls /SMSs. Thank U Cardholders will earn 10 points for every R1 spent on their contract.
- Points will be reflected on your Thank U Rewards Account within 3 (three) working days of your purchase.
- Customer points balances will be available in-store at the point-of-sale terminals, Customer Service desks, on Thank U Account statements, from the Call Centre by calling Edgars on 0860 112 442 or Jet on 0860 113 639 and online at www.edgars.co.za, www.legit.co.za and www.jetonline.co.za.
- In the event that points are unable to be allocated to your Thank U Card due to system errors or downtime, please retain your proof of purchase so that these points can be allocated to you at a later stage. Please note that we will be unable to allocate these points at a later stage if you do not produce a valid proof of purchase.
- Edcon reserves the right to change the earning rate and/or value of points at any time, at its discretion. Due notice will be given of any changes.
Spending Loyalty Points
- Once your points balance reaches 10,000 points, you will be able to spend your points by presenting your Thank U Rewards Card at the till points in participating stores and advising the cashier you wish to use points as a trade discount against your cash or account purchase. Your points balance will be reduced by the equivalent value spent.
- Upon collecting your first 10,000 points (subject to the 3 day period mentioned in the point above) you will be able to use your points as a trade discount against purchases at participating stores’ till points. (10,000 points are equal to R10 trade discount against a future purchase.) You are not obliged to redeem points upon gathering 10,000 points. You can save as many as you wish within the points expiry period of 36 months.
- Points can be redeemed in respect of some of our in-store concession brands, but not in respect of all. To avoid disappointment, please enquire with our sales staff.
- Certain products are exempt from redemption and Edcon may amend this list from time to time at its discretion.
- You will not be able to spend your points on giftcard or airtime purchases.
- Customer points balances and points redemption information will be available in-store at till points, on Thank U Account statements, online at www.edgars.co.za, www.legit.co.za and www.jetonline.co.za and from the Call Centres: Edgars on 0860 112 442 or Jet 0860 113 639.
- Edcon reserves the right to change the conversion value of points at any time, at its discretion. Due notice will be given of any changes.
- Points redemption is subject to online system availability.
Validity of Loyalty Points
- Edcon reserves the right to purge the points on any Thank U Account that has been inactive (i.e. no points earned or redeemed) for a period of 12 (twelve) consecutive months.
- All Thank U Points earned but not redeemed within 36 (thirty six) months will be subject to automatic expiry.
- Points attached to a lost or damaged card can be transferred to your new card providing they have not been spent prior to reporting the lost/damaged card and obtaining a new, replacement card. This can be done in-store at the Customer Services counter in participating stores.
- Points earned for transactions where goods are later returned, will be deducted from your points balance on your Edcon Thank U Rewards Account.
- Points balances on delinquent accounts or account arrears will not be available for redemption or spend until such time as the account arrears have been settled in full.
- You may cancel your membership of the programme at any time by calling our Customer Services Care Line on 0860 112 442 for Edgars or 0860 113 639 for Jet. When exiting the programme you will forfeit any points already earned but not yet redeemed.
- Upon death of a Member, written notification must be provided to Edcon, upon receipt of which the account will be closed and the points forfeited. This can be done at the Customer Services counter in-store