Refund and Exchange Policy
Refunds (to the purchaser's Edcon account\credit card) or exchanges of items ordered online may be done at any of our Red Square or Edgars stores. View our store locator to find your nearest store. Items will be exchanged for a gift card, credited with the full purchase price of the items purchased in cases where the original card used for purchase cannot be produced at the time of refund.
We will refund or exchange cosmetics and fragrances purchased online, provided that:
- there is valid proof of purchase, i.e. packing slip, invoice or gift receipt;
- the ThankU card or credit card used to purchase online is presented at the store when you return the item\s
- it is within 30 days of purchase;
- it is in its original packaging or condition, i.e.:
- the security seal or shrink wrap is intact (if applicable)
- it is unopened and unused, and the price ticket is attached
- In the interest of hygiene standards, cosmetic accessories and personal care products will not be refunded or exchanged.
- If you are returning with a gift receipt, you will receive a gift card to the full value of the online purchase. There will be no refunds of any delivery fees incurred.
In addition to the rights set out in our return policy, if you qualify as a consumer in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions (ECT) Act you may enjoy certain cooling-off rights in terms of which you can cancel any transaction within 7 (SEVEN) days after the date of receipt of the goods or services, or within 7 (SEVEN) days after the date of conclusion of the agreement, without reason or penalty. This does not apply to certain goods or services. For example, any airtime purchased by you is not subject to the “cooling off” provisions of the ECT Act since the ECT Act specifies that the cooling off provisions do not apply to electronic communications where the goods are clearly personalised. If you have effected payment prior to exercising your right to return the products, Edcon will refund you the full purchase price thereof, less any direct costs incurred by Edcon in returning such goods.