Stand a chance to win 1 of 10 cash Prizes of R20,000. 00 each with
Terms and Conditions
- By entering the promotion entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the promotion
- These terms and conditions apply to the Edcon Speciality Division promotion only. The Edcon Speciality Division consists of the following stores: Red Square; Boardmans; EdgarsActive; EdgarsConnect and CNA.
- A copy of the promotion rules is available in store and on the following websites: www.redsquare.co.za; www.boardmans.co.za; www.edgarsactive.co.za and www.cna.co.za.
- The entrant acknowledges that he/she has been given enough time to read these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is open to all residents of South Africa who are eighteen (18) years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of Edcon Limited (“Edcon” or “Promoter”), Promise Brand South Africa Pty Limited (the Advertising Agency), their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, suppliers of the prize to be won, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organizations and persons.
- The promotional period starts on 30th October 2016 and ends on 28th January 2017 (both days inclusive). New accounts opened and activated as well as purchases made after 28th January 2017 will not be considered for the draw.
- To qualify for the draw and stand a chance of winning one (1) of ten (10) cash prizes of twenty thousand South African rands (R20, 000.00) you:
7.1 must apply, qualify accept and spend on a credit store card account at one of the Edcon Speciality Division stores between 30th October 2016 and 28 January 2017 (you qualify for one (1) entries to the draw); or7.2 Purchase at any one of the Edcon Specialty Division stores for five hundred rands (R500.00) or more with your credit store card account issued at any of the Edcon Specialty Division store during the promotion period, you get one (1) additional entry to the draw.
- You are permitted to make additional purchases with your Edcon Specialty Division credit store card account during the promotion period for five hundred rands (R500.00) or more at any Edcon Specialty Division stores and each qualifying purchase will qualify you for one (1) additional entry to the draw.
- The qualifying purchase/s can be made up of one single purchase transaction or a series of purchase transactions provided that they are all made during the promotion period.
- Your Edcon Specialty Division store credit account must not be in arrears at the time of the Competition’s draw and your entry into the Competition will be withdrawn if the goods purchased in connection with such entry are returned by you.
- Each entrant shall be limited to 20 (twenty) entries.
- All ten (10) winners will be chosen from all entrants by lucky draw which will take place at Edgardale 1 Press Avenue, Crown Mines, Johannesburg on the 3rd February 2017, and will be notified telephonically within seven (7) working days ending on the 10th February 2017.
- Edcon and/or the Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winners telephonically at least five (5) times but if any winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days from the date of the relevant draw, then Edcon and/or the promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner.
- It is the entrants’ responsibility to ensure that the Promoter has the correct contact details and update them should they be outdated. If, for any reason, the winner is ineligible to claim the prize then the prize will be awarded to another winner by random draw.
- The prize cannot be exchanged. The prize excludes any other expenses incurred by the entrant when participating in this promotion.
- The winners must provide valid proof of identity when claiming the prize.
- The Edcon judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Edcon may choose to publish the names and/or photos of the winners of the promotion, upon getting the necessary written consent from the winners.
- All prize winners indemnify Edcon against any claim brought against Edcon or any of its affiliates, its Advertising Agency, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organizations and persons in the event of any personal injury or loss suffered as a result of any reason whatsoever.
- If the competition cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, including fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- Promoter: Edcon Limited, 1 Press Avenue, Crown Mines, Johannesburg, South Africa.